matt is fun
Thursday, March 23, 2006
  Some Possible Bush Responses to Recent Accusations that he Relies too heavily on Strawman Arguments in his Speeches

1) Some folks have recently said that I am made entirely out of straw. I strongly disagree. I have a soul and body and a brain, all of which are made from God’s love. And how could they say that about the commander and chief in a time of war?

2) There are some really decent people who believe that we should draw straws to arrive at a plan to fix Iraq. But that is a foolhardy policy. Instead we should pray to get such a plan.

3) My opponents will say that every single thing I have ever said is a Strawman fallacy. Well, that is just false. I say things like “Hey Laura, nice school teach’n” which is not even a characterization of anyone’s argument.

4) Some say that I want to use Democrats as straw men to scare away crows from the crops. Nothing is farther from the truth. I want to reach across the isle to work with Democrats so that I can get authorized more often to use force against some other countries.

 
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
A piece of the cyber-web (internets) allowing Matt to share information units.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York

Matt also enjoys music, sweatpants, eating eggs for breakfast w/his friends, Berlin, and making pictures.

ARCHIVES
March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 /


Powered by Blogger